Financial Advice and Investing
Investment advisory and portfolio management services are an integral component of our Comprehensive Planning Technique and we offer expert financial, fee-based investment advisory services. We aim to provide our clients with returns that are consistent, competitive and in-line with their objectives. We work with every client individually to construct a portfolio customized to their specific needs, with the objective of developing an overall financial and estate plan directed towards accomplishing their long-term investment, retirement and family goals.
Thomas McKenzie is uniquely qualified to help you develop your investment strategies and provide overall financial and investment advice. He was selected as a 2011, 2012, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 “Five Star Wealth Manager Award Winner,” and has over 20 years of professional experience as a financial advisor. Mr. McKenzie can analyze your current portfolio and assess your risk tolerance by means of an objective analysis as well as a thorough review of your financial goals and timelines. We can help with the following:
Developing Your Investment Strategies
* Your proposed portfolio model will be selected, taking into consideration time horizons until the funds are needed, your risk tolerance, and the coordination of your tax-deferred and taxable assets.
* * Your portfolio allocation balance is monitored regularly to ensure that it remains in line with the stated objectives. The performance of your account is also monitored continuously, rebalanced (if needed), and reviewed personally with you on at least an annual basis, or more often, if you desire.
* Mr. McKenzie is an independent financial advisor and affiliated with Independent Financial Group, LLC, an independent broker-dealer and Registered Investment Advisor. Unlike an employee of a bank, credit union, insurance company or regular broker-dealer, who often have a very narrow range of investment products and services they are allowed to discuss, he is able to provide a significantly wider choice of investment products and advisory services that are approved by IFG. This gives him the flexibility and freedom to choose from a broad array of options to find the best solution for each client’s needs. Mr. McKenzie cares deeply about helping his clients achieve their goals and objectives, and endeavors to provide them with the highest-quality service and guidance.
If You Already Have a Financial Advisor, Ask Yourself These Questions:
- Is your advisor “Independent,” or does he or she work for a bank or brokerage firm?
- Does your advisor meet with you on a regular basis?
- Is your advisor also a practicing estate planning attorney in Los Angeles, so that he or she may assist you with ongoing legal issues related to your estate?
- Is your advisor also a practicing elder law attorney in Los Angeles, so that he or she may advise you on legal strategies to protect you and your assets from loss due to unexpected illness or expensive long-term care?
- Is your financial advisor a licensed attorney, so that he or she may provide you with ongoing expert legal advice at no additional charge?
- Is your advisor able to provide expert legal and financial advice to your children or successors in the event of your illness, disability or death?
Unless your financial advisor is also a licensed estate planning and elder law attorney, he or she cannot provide most of the vital services listed above. Indeed, Thomas L. McKenzie JD, Attorney at Law, is uniquely qualified to advise you, read a full list of his credentials here.
Advisory Account Features and Advantages
Our estate planning and financial advisory services offer a number of standard and optional features and advantages:
For Qualified Accounts (IRAs, etc.)
Portfolio Management Fees
Although fees are based upon those arrived at through mutual agreement between Thomas L. McKenzie and the client, generally, fees for portfolio management range from between 1% and 1.5% of assets under management.
We strive to produce returns for our clients that are substantially higher than returns from guaranteed interest or fixed-income sources. We seek to produce above-average returns at below-average risk using a combination of management strategies such as Asset Allocation, Sector Rotation and Defensive Strategies in uncertain markets.
Asset Allocation consists of combining several different types of investments in a single portfolio suitable for your risk tolerance and objectives. Investments in the stock market are usually classified by the capitalization of the underlying securities (large-cap, mid-cap and small-cap) and/or by the geographic location of the underlying companies (domestic and foreign). Mutual funds are our underlying investment medium and are also classified by management style (growth, value and blend). The main advantage of asset allocation is that it provides broad diversification.
Depending upon your risk tolerance and objectives, Sector Rotation may be employed. Specialty sector mutual funds concentrate their investments in a particular industry or in a single market index. The main advantage of sector rotation is that it permits us to overweight the more attractive sectors of the market in our portfolios.
Defensive Strategy consists of using an asset allocation that we feel best fits the market environment. We think the long-term success of an investment program hinges on controlling risk during bear markets. In the investment equation, we believe risk control is more important than gain potential.
Call us today at (562) 594-4200 for your FREE telephone consultation to see how we can help grow and protect your estate.
Thomas L. McKenzie, JD
Investment Advisor Representative
CA Ins. Lic. #0B36486
Independent Financial Group, LLC
2631 Copa De Oro Drive
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
CA Ins. Lic. #0B36486
Brokerage and Registered Investment Advisory services provided by, and securities offered through:
Independent Financial Group, LLC
12671 High Bluff Drive, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92130
Phone: (858) 436-3180
Fax: (858) 481-9033
Member, FINRA, SIPC
Clearing services provided by:
One Pershing Plaza, Jersey City, New Jersey 07399